Sunday, July 24, 2011

Time to post!

Life gets so busy sometimes.  I think we forget why we are here.  I was reminded this week during our Men's/Ladies Conference one thing we are here for:  to have a relationship with our Lord.  As a working wife and mother, I have seemed to have little time to read my Bible and pray.  I grew up in a Christian home with an amazing mother who raised my two brothers and myself alone.  I went to a Christian school and was in church every time the doors were open.  This is not an exaggeration.  I truly did not appreciate the life my mom and God had provided me.  I had Bible class in school.  I memorized Scripture.  Our high school Bible quiz team won competitions.  I was the ultimate Christian teen.....NOT!!

Anyways, this week, our conference was amazing.  Pastor Teis showed us how to pray and what we should pray.  I made the commitment this week to have daily devotions and prayer in the morning when I get up.  It's amazing what a few minutes in prayer and reading the Bible does for one's spiritual well-being.  Nothing around me has changed, but I have that marvelous knowledge and peace that I am in communion with my Savior!

1 comment:

  1. "....that marvelous knowledge and peace that I am in communion with my Saviour!" And a marvelous feeling too. I know we shouldn't always trust our feelings but it this case I have to say it is a wonderful feeling when we start our day this way. I can say that having busy lives that it's easy to say "I'll do it later" but the only problem is that sometimes later doesn't get here. I am so guilty of doing this myself but like you said, it only takes a few minutes. What is it that I'm so busy with that I can't take the first few minutes of my day devoted to Him? Thanks for your encouraging words.
    Sorry for the late response but I haven't checked my blog in forever.

    ReplyDelete